Tuesday 8 June 2010

Availability Confusion

It's never that easy, huh? Thought I was in the home stretch, but then I wake up to another e-mail from the Placement Office, and now I'm completely on edge. It said something along the lines of that if I want to change my availability date, I have to write a statement explaining why. Except I have expressed no interest in changing my availability date: I was nominated to leave in September and I stated I am available to depart any time after September 1st.

So I wrote them back explaining my confusion, and now I'm just sitting here wondering what this is all about. I mean, I haven't been asked to leave earlier than September, so being available starting on September 1st shouldn't be a problem. And if they want me later than September...well, they wouldn't have sent an e-mail like that, would they? They would have just asked me if I would be willing to leave later, right?

All I can figure is that the confusion arises from the fact that I technically don't graduate with my Masters until December. I will be completely done with my studies in August, I won't even be a student any more after that point, there is just a small time delay between finishing the course and actual graduation so that my thesis can be evaluated. A quirk in the United Kingdom education system I explained in both my interview and in my e-mail.

I don't know. I'm sure it'll work out. Until then I just need to relax, take a deep breath, and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Huh. That is very interesting! Maybe they just got it confused like you said, with December?? WHY anyone would want to leave in December is beyond me, but ok. XD

    I'm sure it'll all work out. Just hang in there, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.