Tuesday 8 June 2010

Stress Relief

I've been having trouble focusing on my reading today because of this latest little development with the Placement Office. I know it isn't much of an issue, it'll work out, but I really want to know what's happening, patiently waiting for an e-mail that hasn't come yet. So I decided to relieve some stress in one of my favourite ways. I baked a cake.


My classmates are well aware by now of how much I enjoy cooking and baking. They even started a little fund to help 'support my habit' (as I like to teasingly say). I find cooking and baking to be an excellent way to take my mind off of things, measuring out ingredients, focusing on mixing things together, having that sense of accomplishment when it comes out of the oven. I love it! And I love sharing my creations with people, love seeing the looks on their faces as they eat, being able to give somebody something they hopefully enjoy. This is why my classmates love me baking - I usually feed it to them!

Now that my cake is done, I still haven't received an e-mail back from the Placement Office. But my mind is clear, I feel much calmer, and hopefully I can now go back to focusing on my reading. Plus, I now have chocolate cake to munch on, and what could be better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.