Friday 4 June 2010

Contact!

I have been checking my e-mail account every couple of hours (or more...) every day for the last 24 days, increasingly wondering if it's possible to blow up Gmail from checking it too much. So today, before heading out to a movie, I automatically opened an extra tab for Gmail, reading an article as it loaded, not expecting anything to be there. The tab loaded, and there is was. 'Gmail - Inbox (1)'. My heart skipped. I clicked on the tab. And there it was. An e-mail from Placement Office.

I must admit - I squealed in excitement.

Though I almost had a bit of a panic when I started reading it. The first thing the e-mail asked for was my MA transcript. I had explained in my interview that even though I will be done with my studies in August and will technically no longer be a student after that point, I won't graduate with my MA until December. When I read they wanted a transcript, I was like, 'Aw...crap.' But not to worry! They said not having it won't impede the process, they'll just need it when I have it. So I plan on mentioning in the e-mail I send back with my updated resume, skill addendum, and departure availability how I won't have an official transcript until December, just so they know.

And the skill addendum! It wants my training experience, and even though I have had plenty of hours of training (required by the school I had taught at), I don't have ANY of that information with me. I searched every last file on my computer hoping I had saved something with that type of information in it, but alas, all of my training certificates are safely tucked away in the bottom of a box in a storage unit in Texas. Does me no good there, but what can you do? So I guess I'll just have to leave those spaces blank, which sucks because I DO have training, I just don't remember what it was called, who taught it, how to contact them, et cetera. Oh, well, it'll work out.

Gosh, I'm so excited I could just burst! I'm going to take the rest of the weekend to polish everything and will send it in on Sunday. Can you believe I didn't have to wait multiple more weeks/months for contact? Oh, I'm so happy! On to the home stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.